Each of the manuals, guides, reports and infographics listed on this website are listed below for quick, individual download. If you want the entire toolkit, you can download a zip file with all of the documents listed below.
Whether you’re a manager, a fisherman, practitioner or any other fishery stakeholder, our manuals and supplemental guides will help chart your path to a more sustainable and profitable fishery. Our publications highlight how good rights-based management design and accompanying tools can address existing challenges and maximize potential benefits. Most importantly, these tools are not prescriptive; rather they offer a series of questions whose answers help guide and inform the catch share design process.
- Catch Share Design Manual, Volume 1: A Guide for Managers and Fishermen (Second Edition)
- Catch Share Design Manual, Volume 2: Cooperative Catch Shares
- Catch Share Design Manual, Volume 3: Territorial Use Rights for Fishing
- Science-Based Management of Data-Limited Fisheries: A Supplement to the Catch Share Design Manual
- Transferable Effort Shares: A Supplement to the Catch Share Design Manual
Explore the design possibilities of rights-based programs by reading our design stories about diverse fisheries around the world that have tailored these programs to meet their unique needs. Each report highlights the key decisions made for each of the seven steps in designing the RBM program, as well as the fishery's history and performance.
- Argentine Individual Transferable Quota Program
- British Columbia Integrated Groundfish Program
- Chilean National Benthic Resources Territorial Use Rights for Fishing Program
- Danish Pelagic and Demersal Individual Transferable Quota Programs
- Japanese Common Fishing Rights System
- Mexican Baja California FEDECOOP Benthic Species Territorial Use Rights for Fishing System
- Mexican Vigia Chico Cooperative Spiny Lobster Territorial Use Rights for Fishing Program
- Peruvian Anchoveta Northern-Central Stock Individual Vessel Quota Program
- Samoan Safata District Customary User Rights Program
- Spanish Galicia Goose Barnacle Cofradia System
- United States Alaska Halibut and Sablefish Fixed Gear Individual Fishing Quota Program
- United States Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Crab Rationalization Program
- United States Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Non-Pollock (Amendment 80) Cooperative Program
- United States Central Gulf of Alaska Rockfish Cooperative Program
- United States Mid-Atlantic Golden Tilefish Individual Fishing Quota Program
As of 2013, about 200 rights-based management programs exist worldwide, managing more than 500 different species in 40 countries. Explore these infographics to learn more about where fishing rights are helping fish stocks and fishermen.
- What is a Catch Share?
- Failures of Conventional Management
- U.S. Catch Shares Timeline
- Map: Global Catch Share Fisheries
- Map: Catch Shares Around the World, By Species
- Que es el Manejo Compartido por Cuotas?
- Fracasos de la Administracion Tradicional de las Pesquerias
- Mapa: Manejo Compartido por Cuotas alrededor del Mundo